A filling, spicy and creamy soup just great for any winter day. This soup is quite filling and will be a favourite with the whole family. This recipe has been compiled to allow for 6 servings so this allow you freeze plenty for another day. This means you always have something in the freezer to eat on a day when you do not feel like cooking.
Sweet potato ginger and coconut soup
Gluten free, dairy free
1. Place the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat
2. Add the onions, ginger, cumin, chilli powder and sauté for 5 minutes
3. Stir in the sweet potato chunks
4. Pour in the vegetable stock and coconut milk
5. Bring to the boil and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes
6. Season with salt and pepper
7. Blend until smooth
8. Stir in the coriander and lemon juice
Serve with some chopped coriander/cilantro and some gluten free bread.