This is a great winter warmer with the addition of chilli and is quick and easy to make. Soups are great as they can be a meal in themselves and can be surprisingly filling.
This soup has an added creamy taste and texture from the peanut butter. Chilli has the added bonus of providing pain-killing properties. The ingredients for this soup are for 4 servings so if you do not want this much on the day, you can freeze some for another time.
Spicy butternut squash soup
Gluten free, dairy free, endo-friendly
1. Add the olive oil to a large pan over a medium heat
2. Stir in the chilli, garlic and onion
3. Sauté for 5 minutes
4. Stir in the butternut squash, sweet potato, vegetable stock and peanut butter
5. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender
6. Blend until smooth
7. Season to taste and add in the basil
Serve with a swirl of nut yogurt, and some gluten free bread made into crispy croutons.