Endometriosis story

  These stories can help other women so they do not feel so alone when trying to cope with effects of this disease.

May have endometriosis need answers

by Erin
(Westport, KY, USA)

Advice needed for possible endometriosis.

I am a 27 year old, mother of three children. I have had my tubes tied twice within the past three years. About a year ago I noticed that my periods were getting heavier, longer, and more painful. About 6 months ago, all hell broke loose ... sorry for the expression.

I started having a really weird discharge, large blood clots, cramping all month long, pain during sexual intercourse, after sexual intercourse, bleeding after intercourse, cramps in my abdomen, weight gain, severe back ache, and very violent mood swings.

I went to the Health department today, I do not have health insurance, and I had my yearly exam done. I also wanted to discuss my symptoms. When the nurse was doing the pelvic exam, I almost come up off of the table ... it hurt me so bad that I started crying.

I have been in agony ever since, I also started bleeding a little bit. My lower back is killing me and as I am sitting here typing I am in tears ... whatever is wrong with me is killing me.

I have three young children under the age of 7 and I feel like I am not able to be the best parent I know that I can be, because I cannot stand very long without the symptoms and cramping starting up. My mood swings are so bad that I don't even want to be around me.

I am tired all of the time, and I just want to get back to being myself. The nurse at the health department referred me to a health clinic in my county because she feels that I need my thyroids checked.

Will checking my thyroids tell me anything? Do they have anything to do with endometriosis? I don't know what to do. As I mentioned before I do not have health insurance and cannot pay to have a bunch of tests done.

I need help, this pain is getting worse everyday. Do you all think that I could have endometriosis?


Name: Jennifer

Title: Endometriosis advice!!

Hello Erin,
I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain!! Unfortunately the only way for the doctors to properly diagnose if you have Endometriosis is to do a Laparoscopy (surgery). You would have to be referred to a gynaecologist and make sure they know about Endometriosis and how to treat it. You can also ask the gyn office if they will do a payment plan. You would also want to call the hospital and find out if they offer financial assistance.

I have had 3 surgeries in 6 months ( one to diagnose me with endometriosis, the others to do a complete hysterectomy and remove Endometriosis.) Unfortunately, it has been 3 months since my last surgery and I am still in a lot of distress with the symptoms. I think the Endometriosis is back.

Also, if they do an ultrasound they won't be able to see the Endometriosis that way. I've never heard of them checking your thyroid to diagnose Endometriosis. I wish you the best and hope you find answers to your pain!! Sending you healing Hugs!!

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your most common endometriosis symptoms.

You might like these

As featured in: