Going to doctors to check for endometriosis

by DD

I am 17 years old. I have had my period since I was 12 and it started getting bad at 14. My period lasted 9 days and I would often accidentally overdose on Advil thinking that it was okay to take 2 every 2 hours, and happen to take 24 pills a day.

That lead to me having the inner layer of my stomach eaten away. But anyway, the point is my periods are bad. While I was talking with my doctor, she put me on all kinds of abdomen pain relief and then she put me on the pill.

We learned that nothing was helping so she put me on the 3 month cycle pill. But my periods are still bad. She put me on the pill with one thing on her mind, endometriosis. I knew what this meant and it was bloody scary hearing it.

I haven't really been thinking of it since she brought it up a year and a half ago, but still, I know the symptoms.

I lost my virginity to my boyfriend a couple weeks ago. And ever since I've been slightly spotting. Last night I just happened to tell my friend about the spotting and told her that I would probably need to go to a doctor to get that checked out.

It was a little spotting so it didn't worry me, so I had sex with my boyfriend after me and my friend talked. When we were done, I noticed that there was a lot of blood-- like a lot. I am typing this in tears, I'm so embarrassed.

He's really nervous and I am too. But he thinks it's his fault. Obviously, it isn't. I can't really compare sex because he's the only one I've done it with. So I can't say if it's pain I feel during sex, or if something else. I feel like he goes too deep and hits every organ I have in my body. But again, I don't know, maybe it's supposed to be like that?

I'm really nervous, I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow. Any advice? Does it seem like endometriosis?

Click here to post comments

Return to Your most common endometriosis symptoms.