Cinnamon and Raisin Bread Pudding
Gluten free, dairy free, wheat free, sugar free
Makes one 8 x 12 inch pudding
- 6 cups / 300g stale bread (non-wheat) cut into 1-inch cubes or small triangles
- 1/3rd cup / 50g raisins
- 2 ½ cups / 640ml rice milk, or other non-dairy milk of choice like almond milk
- 1 cup / 250ml apple juice
- ½ cup / 150ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
1 Lightly oil a 8 x 12-inch casserole dish. Place the bread cubes in the casserole dish and scatter the raisins over the bread cubes.
2 In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, and pour over the top of the bread cubes. Bake at 350 degrees F / 180c for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
3 Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before cutting into servings. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature, and can be served plain, or with a scoop of non-dairy ice cream or sorbet. Alternatively you can make this a treat by making an endo-friendly chocolate sauce. See the recipe HERE
* Note: you can substitute other dried fruit for the raisins - like sultanas. To make this pudding even more special add a layer of sliced apple in the bottom and then add the other ingredients on top - bake as usual. I am sure you can think of other variations yourself - enjoy!